Waste / Recycling Management
• Bulk recycling contract throughout all managed buildings
• Easy-to-use single-stream recycling bins in each of our units resulting in lower trash costs
• Eagle County Recycle Center Account – for all our old paints and stains
General Energy Conservation Efforts
• Energy audits have been completed in 77% (10) of our 13 high-rise, lodge-type buildings that have shared infrastructure in terms of shared head, water and common area electricity.
• Established shared Baseline Data from January 2011 and centralized monthly tracking of our managed property’s utilities including electricity, heat and water.
Electrical Conservation Efforts
• Energy-efficient LED and Compact fluorescent (CFL) lighting upgrades throughout most common areas including garages, stairwells, and lobbies in most of our properties.
• Motion-sensor lighting in storage rooms and housekeeping closets.
• Energy-efficient light bulbs.
• Installation of smart-strips in all guest room entertainment systems at the Poste Montane Lodge.
• Installation of efficient baseboard heaters at The Wren.
• Installing LED exterior tree holiday lights throughout the Beaver Creek Highlands properties.
Heating Conservation Efforts
• Temperature controls in all common areas and garages throughout the Beaver Creek Highlands properties.
• Installation of weather stripping, air sealing and insulation upgrades to all water pipes throughout the Beaver Creek Highlands properties.
• Installation of programmable thermostats in all common areas throughout the Beaver Creek Highlands properties
• Upgraded five of their ten furnaces to high efficiency models at Oxford Court.
• Upgraded to energy efficient heat exchangers at the Poste Montane Lodge.
• Removed the original eight boiler/250 gallon hot water system and two – 400 gallon storage tanks and replaced it with two high efficiency boilers so that now all water is supplied on demand and there is no longer any water storage at Highlands Westview.
• Removed the original 850 gallon hot water heater system and replaced with three high efficiency boilers so that now all water is supplied on demand and there is no longer any water storage at Highlands Slopeside.
• Installed new timers on gas fireplaces throughout all units at The Wren.
• Transitioned our rental towels to Monarch/Cypress Eco Towels which take 10-20% less drying time at our Beaver Creek properties.
• Encouraged owners to install programmable thermostats in their individual homes.
• Boiler Systems, temperatures, pressure, testing, etc. inspected to ensure running at highest efficiencies possible.
• Encourage use of energy efficient appliances in units (EPA Energy Star).
• Installation of variable speed pumps projected savings of up to 90% on pump related utility costs by adjusting to use the least amount of electricity possible for the filtering and circulation systems for pools and hot tubs at the Highlands.
Water Conservation Efforts
• Tracking of waste and recycling to determine diversion rates of how much overall waste is diverted from local landfills.
• Toilet dye testing to detect water leaks.
• Encourage re-use of towels – saves considerable energy, water and detergent use.
• Irrigation water sensors prevent sprinklers from coming on during periods of rain.
• Diligently monitoring consumption in order to identify leaks.
• Transitioned our rental towels to Monarch/Cypress Eco Towels which save up to 30% in water consumption using less detergent at our Beaver Creek properties.
• Water stations for guest vs. bottled water through water filtration systems.
• Low-flow faucet aerators and showerheads.
• Environmentally friendly bath amenities at most properties
• Pens made from 80% recycled materials from plastic water bottles
• Low VOC (volatile organic compounds) carpet and paint
• Recycled paper and recyclable paper products
• Email Confirmations and communication
• Recycle Toner Cartridges, cellphones, etc.
• Energy Smart printers, copiers, fax machines
• Hybrid company vehicles